In Sacramento, the cannabis industry is strictly regulated, and medical marijuana products are available at state-licensed dispensaries. However, to buy medical cannabis from these dispensaries, you require a 420 doctor’s recommendation, which shows that you are using marijuana for medicinal benefits only (not for recreational purposes).
With telemedicine services, getting a Medical Cannabis Card in Sacramento has become very easy. Just find a board-certified MMJ doctor and apply for your MMJ recommendation letter. It’s a three-step process:
- Complete an online form providing all your medical details
- Chat with the doctor over a HIPAA-compliant digital platform
- Receive your medical cannabis recommendation letter
A medical marijuana card is valid for 12 months. You can renew it to receive MMJ card benefits for another 12 months.
Qualifying Conditions to Get a Medical Marijuana Card in Sacramento
A medical marijuana card isn’t provided to patients with any conditions. Here’s a list of MMJ qualifying conditions-
- Muscle spasms
- Chronic pain
- Multiple sclerosis
List of Documents Required for an MMJ Card
(1) Proof of residency (DMV issued driver’s license or ID card)
(2) Written documentation by an attending physician in the patient’s medical records stating that he has been diagnosed with a serious medical condition and marijuana is appropriate to deal with that condition
(3) The name, office address, contact number, and California medical license number of the patient attending the doctor
(4) The name and the duties of the primary caregiver (if any)
(5) A government-issued photo ID Card
Privileges you Get with a 420 Med Card
Age Relaxations- Unlike recreational users, medical users need not be over 21 to purchase marijuana from a dispensary. MMJ cardholders who are 21 or under are legally allowed to buy and consume Cannabis for Treating Anxiety, depression, cancer, etc. However, if you’re under 18, you require parental consent to use marijuana.
Tax Saving- Medical marijuana users are exempted from sales and use tax. Also, patients can use marijuana as an alternative to highly-taxed and expensive medicines.
Permission to Grow your Own Cannabis- MMJ cardholders are allowed to grow their own cannabis to enjoy the finest quality buds. And, the growing limits for medical users are higher than that of recreational users.
High Strength Cannabis Products – Many patients require high potency cannabis to deal with their conditions. Thus, in medical dispensaries, patients are allowed to purchase tinctures or lotions of up to 2,000 mg while recreational dispensaries are permitted to sell 1,000 mg of cannabinoids.
To sum it up—medical marijuana is helpful in managing various conditions. If you’re dealing with any of the MMJ qualifying conditions, you are allowed to use Cannabis for Medicinal Benefits. Apply for your MMJ card and become a valid medical marijuana consumer in Sacramento today!